'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 28 June 2012

Quick Update :)

Recently, I've taken on a fair few books to review and this is basically just a blog to remind myself how much exactly I have to do! Lol! As I previously posted, I am taking part in a Paranormal Romance challenge where a vet (older member) and newbie (speaks for itself) suggest books to whomever they're paired up with to read, rate and review if they wish. My partner chose for my both of these books:

 Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)   Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)

I chose to go with Halfway to the Grave as it sounded like a book which was more up my street. I'm 36% (hate this %! Only problem with an e-reader is the lack of page number!) through it and am very meh about it so far. The writing style is off putting but its story seems basic enough and it is an easy read. We'll see how it goes!

Other than these two, I got accepted to review a book from the wonderful site of NetGalley:
   Shadow Rising (Dark Dynasties, #3)  
I have never requested a book as fast as I requested this one! I was so happy when they accepted it and are allowing me to read and review it before the publication date. I didn't realise it was the third book in a series so I may have to have a quick read of the two before I even start reading this bad boy.

As well as these books, I've also taken on two books from Goodreads authors, and accepted a request for my first non-fiction book for review:

The Grimoire: Lichgates Empty Altars Tears for the Mountain
The only book I am a bit weary of is the non-fiction book as I don't usually read/ review that genre, but the author himself gave me some great advice and the journey that he has been on sounds fascinating to read about. It's way out of my comfort zone with regards to literature so we shall see :).

I cannot wait to sink my teeth into all of these lovely books!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi, found your blog through a post you did at the Book Blogs group. I'm following you through GFC. My blog is at: http://365-books-a-year.blogspot.com/

    I haven't read Frost's series- but it's on my TBR list. Look forward to your review. I read that series from Richelle Mead- I stopped after book 4 or so. Sort of lost interest. I know it's a stupid complaint considering the main character is a succubus, but I really didn't like the smutty parts. I kind of just semi-tune out when a book has a sex scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I have just followed you back :).

    I finished reading Frost's book last night and will be reviewing it a.s.a.p with my thoughts. Yes, the reason I put off Mead's book is that I put up with the sex scenes within books in order to continue with the real story and I think I'd get miffed at it if the book is based on it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).