'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 8 June 2012

First time lucky!


Righthooo, my first blog. I apologise now for the rusty and misshapen form that this will inevitably take! So, where to start?! I've been meaning to set up my own blog for awhile but have only just picked up the motivation to do it! Writing my first review for a book on goodreads.com was my first step towards setting this up, and after about an hour of fussing over the layout and text I am finally up and running!

I'm Leah, 21 years old and just completed my undergraduate Ba in English at Swansea University. The main purpose of this blog is to review books that I am reading and to accept books to review from anyone who needs a proofreader or just an opinion! It is one of my first steps towards pursuing a career in publishing *fingers crossed*, and there's not a much more enjoyable way than indulging myself in books and writing about them :).



I'll also be posting about various other interests which I have as a form of keeping track e.g. my improvement or fall backs in archery, hopefully chatting with others who are interested in literature, and my thoughts on probably far too much stuff! 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).